Monday 19 September 2011

Britney Video Evaluation

To provide experience in making music a video, we first tried to recreate a 10 second clip of Britney Spears' video 'Baby, One More Time'. We worked in a small group of 3, and reinacted the video. My group's section was the second clip in the video below:

Technical Points learned during this task:
- I found that a lot of the shots taken had to be shot from a much further distance than I had expected, to make sure that everything was within the frame, meaning that we had to allow for more space when shooting.
- I also realised how short the cuts of the shots were to fit with the music when editing the footage together, which was much quicker than expected.
- I also learnt how to physically use the camera and tripod, working out the various buttons and how to manoeuvre both bits of equipment.
- As well as this I've learnt a lot about how to use iMovie to edit the shots together, and how much time it takes to get it perfect.

Practicalities learnt during this task:
- The importance of communication was also highlighted during this task, as we had to make sure all members of the group had all information needed to make sure that the task ran smoothly.
- We also had to source actors, which was quite difficult so we had to volunteer ourselves. This informed us that we have to spend more time than expected on finding actors.
- I also found that you have to make lip synching so obvious to make it seem like you're actually singing and for it to look effective on the video, as when I did it in our video, some of it needs to be bigger to make it better.

I really enjoyed working out all the shots needed, and what needs to go in them when storyboarding the video, as well as working together in a group, as I found that all our ideas put together worked really well and improved the video. I found actually editing the video quite difficult purely because I'd never used iMovie before, so I had to learn as I went along.

No comments:

Post a Comment